Facilities that really facilitate.
A great ground school benefits from great facilities. At IFTI, we know from experience what a classroom should be, and we ensure that our students always have well-conceived physical settings conducive to training and learning. These include classrooms with the latest instructional technology, computer rooms, a library, and specialized laboratories and avionics systems. Professional Course classrooms include wireless hotspot access, PC-based projection systems, and a flight equipment room with showers. There are multiple large hangars capable of handling ten to twenty aircraft. Approximately 30 aircraft maintenance personnel are available on site during all operational hours. And since IFTI students come from all around the world – many staying for periods of up to a year — we are proactive in assisting with U.S. clearances and the logistics of relocation and housing to ensure a training experience that is the very best it can be.
Professional Course Classrooms provide:
Accommodating up to 60 students in threerooms.
• Wireless Hotspot Access
• PC-Based Projection Systems
• Flight Equipment Room with Showers
AIRPORT, AIRSPACE, AND RANGE AVAILABILITY
The aircraft used by International Flight Test Institute facility will be able to operate in the military 2515 operating area, which is 120 miles long and 50 miles wide. The ability to operate in the 2515 operating area ensures that there is no traffic conflict due to being under control of the Joshua Control.
PI RESEARCH DATA SYSTEMS
All instrumented aircraft with up to 36 channels at 100 Hz have a recording system so that the entire flight test data can be downloaded post flight for the student to analyze. A telemetry system will be installed in the International Flight Test Institute facility to monitor the data stream during hazardous flight tests such as flutter testing.
Owned and Operatedby IFTI
• Variable stability simulator
– Fixed base, CRT visual
– Variable center stick controller
– Variable stability and control derivatives
– Gainchanges and variable time delays
– F-16class fighter as baseline
– Variable stability B-76 Duchess (In Work)
• X-Plane open source simulation
–CLHQ and UAV exercises
• FlightSafety International (B-717, B-412)
• Boeing Long Beach (MD-11)
• GIV with EVS
• NRC Canada, Varistab Helo
• CALSPAN Varistab LearJet
GROUND VIBRATION AND LOADS CALIBRATION LAB
• Mechanical Shakers, Ground
• Accelerometers on Wings and Tail
• TelemetrySystem in Aircraft
• Symmetric and Anti-Symmetric
• InertiaWingShakers for FlightTest